Are you ready for college?
Find out at our free presentation!
Getting good grades and pursuing extracurriculars are obvious steps in preparing for college. But there's also mystery in Writing the Personal Statement and Paying for College!
Beatrice Schultz, CFP®
College Funding Specialist
Westface College Planning
come join us at
Blanchard Community Room, Davis Public Library
315 E. 14th Street
Davis, CA 95616
Tuesday, 24 March
7pm - 8pm
Dr. Wrye Sententia
Even though your high school student has been writing for years, the college personal statement is a different kind of writing that often causes deep anxiety and stress.
If you're a typical parent with college-bound students, you're probably overwhelmed. You want to help your sons and daughters make the right choices and prevent overpaying for their education. You're not alone...and we're here to help!
In this FREE presentation, parents of teens preparing for college will learn:
- How to minimize your out-of-pocket expenses
- How to maximize your financial aid eligibility
- Tips for completing the FAFSA and CSS profile
- Best practices for school selection
- How to avoid the major pitfalls in writing the personal statement
- How to answer Common App or UC prompts effectively
- How to de-stress the process
- How to support the emerging adult in your college-bound teen